Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Spinach, turkey, tomato, Parmesan Omelette

Hey all, first and foremost, Happy Leap Day! Does anyone have any rockin' plans for this extra day? Maybe breakfast for dinner to switch it up? You can try out my new college kitchen staple: frozen spinach. Frozen veggies are always on my shopping list, and if you're on a tight budget they should be added to yours as well! They are inexpensive and you can add them to any meal.

The other day I was on campus from 9-5 and I hadn't eaten all day. By the time I got home I was so hungry I could barely think straight. As it turns out my best meals often come to me in times of starved desperation...


-Onion
-Frozen spinach
-Lunch meat
-Tomato
-Egg
-Parmesan cheese

1. Saute the onions and spinach together [microwave spinach a little first, its way faster].
2. Next I browned the turkey lunch meat my friend donated to my starved cause on the stove
3. Crack three eggs and beat them in a bowl, then pour them into a pan on LOW heat [my dad is the master of breakfast and for once I actually followed his key advice to perfect eggs: low heat]
5. I flipped my eggy omelette disk, although I'm not sure if that's proper protocol 
6. Sprinkle it all in, add cut tomato and parmesan cheese for added deliciousness. Fold. 

Personally I thought this meal begged for Tapatio, but that could just be me. 

-E

No comments: