Monday, December 26, 2011

Apothecary Bottles


Here is a project I have been itching to do for ages, but mi madre beat me to the punch. Hats off to my mom, she did a beautiful job.


Glass bottles are a small obsession of mine, and whenever I go to the thrift store I gravitate toward the glass section...it just has so much stuff with potential! They are normally jam packed with these small bottles. For these Gypsy apothecary bottles you just need:

1) Copper Tape
2) Glass bottles
3) Stones, shells, pieces of interest
4) Soldering material



                    
Bust out your copper tape people, and secure to the top of the bottle and the tip of the object you want to attach. When I first got into soldering the lady at the store told me that the more time I spend pressing the tape the better it will turn out. Remember to flux before you solder as well! 

-E

2 comments:

Anna "Niusiya" Niusity said...

You're inspiring :D :D
I'm collecting old bottles as well and this is a wonderful idea!!

♥ A.N

EvaMae said...

These were done by my mom, she inspires me too! If you have any questions just let me know!